This is me.
– If I’m at home, listening to music and thinking about my story ideas, I will be walking around for no particular reason, lost in thought. I will continue to walk around until I stop.
– If I like a part in a song, I will continuously rewind to that part over and over. 10 times. 20 times. 30 times. This is how my iPod battery dies fast.
– I have a uncanny recollection of the past. This is a blessing and a curse as I can get too attached to memories sometimes.
– I made my own plotlines as a kid, starring me and my friends in some sort of ragtag group. There was an ongoing storyline as I grew up and to this day I still remember it. I had ideas for video games in this “series” too. What a weird little boy I was.
– I can’t drink alcohol by myself, in my place. It feels too depressing. I either need to be with someone or be at a bar.
– I like thinking, a lot. If I’m being quiet, I’m probably thinking about something.
– I tend to think more when I’m down or I want to distract myself from the current environment.
– I can become down if I do think too much. Too much thinking increases the chances of thinking about negative things. If you recall, when I’m down, I tend to think more. It can become a vicious cycle.
– Being alone for too long can also lead to me being down. I feel like I have a gentle balance of wanting to be around others and needing space to myself.
– One thing I think I’m good at is cheering myself up. Even when I’m really upset, I can put some positive spin to it. Or if that doesn’t work, I just smack myself and tell myself to get it together.
– One thing that also cheers me up/I like to do if I’m upset is write. I feel like I’m at my peak when I’m depressed or something is bothering me. It’s my way of venting to myself or just channeling that negative energy to my hobby.
– In that sense, I’m far better at describing things through writing as opposed to speaking. I always can’t find the right word to say in a conversation and it irritates me to no end. Maybe that’ll change someday. I probably do a lot better with a conversation through messaging than physically talking.
– Loneliness is my eternal enemy.
– I used to be really hyper when I was young. It’s funny how much that has changed.
– Some people think I’m “cool” and “sophisticated”. I think quite the opposite.
– If we’re good friends, odds are I will go above and beyond to help you out. It’s not easy to hit that level though.
– I used to be very selfless until I realized how damaging could be. I’m definitely more selfish nowadays. Sometimes I surprise myself at how different I am compared to before.
– The name of his blog comes from: A) The name of my favorite nujabes song and B) How I feel about my position in the multiple cultures I have been raised and lived in throughout my life.
– I like to ramble a lot. Like now. Maybe now is a good time to stop writing. This is just a fraction of what I could’ve written. Maybe I’ll do it again sometime. It is nice to see it in a list format.